Friday, September 25, 2009

Crack Crazy Estimates and the Working Class Homeowner

*singing back down memory lane in my mind*

I spent over two years interviewing contractors.  Two Years!  Can you say, pain in the &^%!!! 

It was a pain to get appointments scheduled for contractors to even come out to look at what you wanted done.  Good luck with getting them to actually follow-up with a written estimate at that first visit. 

The one contractor I did like, I don't think really like me.  He gave me a $30,000 estimate for a small master bathroom -- and that didn't include the tub or th faucet and bowls.  Da hell kind of estimate is that?!!!  Answer: The Crack Crazy kind.

I think that if you can find a good General contractor -- great.  It frees you up to live your life while they handle the minutia that is the home remodel.  However, in my case as the perpetually unlucky, I get to be my own owner-builder.

Yeah Me!! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cop A Squat